Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Slow start...

     I had to dig through an old external hard drive to (finally) locate the old files to this blog. There are still some glitches, but it's a start. I've missed blogging, although I really had a dry spell on what to blog about for quite a long time. I just didn't have anything that was worth posting- or rather, that I felt anyone would find interest in reading. Even now, I will probably have more personal rather than anything geological to post. At least for a bit. I've located some very interesting rock formations on the outskirts of our neighbourhood and managed to get a few samples while it was cold outside. I can imagine it is snake central in the summer- looks like the area could host one heck of a den.

     My youngest son was finally able to get into hockey since we live pretty close to a rink, so my days are varied between hockey and school at present. But the latter is pretty light ATM since I missed the cutoff date for fall registration at my college of choice, and hence I am just finishing up the last engineering physics class I will need. I'm so rusty in calculus that I am kicking myself for not taking the algebra based version, but then eventually I'd have to do the calculus based one anyways so may as well have bit the bullet now. It's actually quite an enjoyable class though, so I cannot complain too much about the effort I'd had to put forth in it.

     We acquired a new family member, a kitten I dubbed Darwin. He's a sweet cat, and has been a great addition to the family. We also have a veiled chameleon that is a little grumpy. I call her Helga, since it fits her disposition. She belongs to my youngest son, but I am quite partial to her for some reason.

     The only other new thing is that with our little guy into hockey, he kinda needs someone out there to pass the puck around with during S&P sessions, so I've bitten the bullet and ordered a pair of skates. It has been eons since I've played hockey, or skated for that matter, and this should prove to be an interesting endeavor. I've always loved playing the game though, and I should be thankful that he is getting me back out there again.

     Now that I've finally got this blog back up and in semi working order, I will start working on something geological to post about. Baby steps.. :)

6 comments:

Lockwood said...

Get a picture of your kitteh with a rock and send it to Evelyn & Dana's "Geokittehs" blog! Evelyn is finishing up her thesis and has been pleading for geological felid distractions. Sample recent tweet: "There are no adorable pictures of cats in my email. Unacceptable. Fix pronto by emailing pics to geokittehs at gmail. #thesissurvival"

Good to see you back!

Ron Schott said...

Welcome back! Nice to see you blogging again and I look forward to new geology posts.

Have you seen the Geokittehs blog? http://geokittehs.blogspot.com/ Perhaps Darwin would like to show off his geological chops... ;-)

Silver Fox said...

Glad you're blogging again, even if I'm late catching up (!).

Silver Fox said...

Glad to see you're blogging again, although I'm a little late in catching up!

Silver Fox said...

Glad to see you're blogging again, although I'm a little late in catching up!

Silver Fox said...

Oh, sorry if I overposted - I thought I wasn't passing the Turing Test.